Methodical Missy

Just a mom in Texas that wants to die knowing I lived life to the fullest. This is mostly my attempt to keep my family & friends up to date on what's going on at our house. If you're one of those people that don't like personal blogs, I'm not here to entertain your a$$, so just move on.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Adoption Update

We went to a "Meet and Greet" of sorts with CPS on Monday night. This was basically an opportunity to meet the counselors and look through the albums that contain children's profiles that are up for adoption.

Most of the children we saw were older, however, upon talking to two of the counselors, we learned of two boys (unrelated) that had just entered the system and did not have profiles, yet.

I talked to the rep for one of the boys and he sounds promising. I have yet to see a picture or learn his exact history, so I am bit reluctant to get excited about him. You have to guard your heart so carefully during this process because it's easy to get hooked. Hopefully, I'll get his profile soon and know more. The rep for the other boy hasn't called me back, yet.

As luck would have it, we ended up talking to another couple in front of us. The man handed me his biz card and he works in my building. Talk about a small world.

Some of the actual children will be at the next meet and greet, so that should be interesting. From what I understand, the kids put on little skits and perform tricks and stuff. It's not like they line them up for auction or anything. We'll see how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home