Methodical Missy

Just a mom in Texas that wants to die knowing I lived life to the fullest. This is mostly my attempt to keep my family & friends up to date on what's going on at our house. If you're one of those people that don't like personal blogs, I'm not here to entertain your a$$, so just move on.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

ArBOOretum


We went trick or treating at the arboretum, which, I'm sorry to say, I do not recommend.

First of all, there were tons of mosquitos. Not just the little ones either. We're talking about big fat monster mosquitos. I have to admit they had tons of spray on hand for us to use, which helped, but there were so many, they were constantly flying into my face.

Secondly, they do not hand out candy, so don't try to convince your child that this is better than trick or treating in the neighborhood. Your child WILL be pissed.

Last, the activities, although geared toward all ages were not in the least interesting to my 8-yr old. Her eyes DID light up when one activity led to eating an oreo cookie.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Many may disagree with me, but this mother will definitely not be back during Halloween. I DO highly recommend the arboretum during the day time. It's a great nature walk filled with cool snakes, birds and other things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home