Methodical Missy

Just a mom in Texas that wants to die knowing I lived life to the fullest. This is mostly my attempt to keep my family & friends up to date on what's going on at our house. If you're one of those people that don't like personal blogs, I'm not here to entertain your a$$, so just move on.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

It's War now

Last weekend, I attempted to cut back several of my front yard bushes and trees. They had become seriously unruly. Shrubs were leaning way over the walkway, tree branches were smothering my hibiscus and garlic was becoming one gigantic smelly plant. After several hours spent in the yard wacking, trimming, and pehaps some cursing, my yard has been seriously pruned. One may even describe it as bare. I hate it! I need it to be Spring again so I can plant some pretty flowers and start over.

As a result of my escapades, I am covered in bites. I have mosquito bites, spider bites and ant bites. Oh yeah. It's really pretty people. Red bumps everywhere! Not to mention the wasp sting still hasn't healed all the way. Thank god I was able to avoid the tiny white caterpillars all over my hibiscus. One of those bushes is infested and I'm sure it won't be long before it spreads. Speaking of infestations, my sago palm is covered in scale.

Well last night, whilst Grace was at ballet class, I went to Home Depot. It was time to declare war on the pests in my yard. I have been avoiding it for too long. I bought some Malathion Plus, combined with water, and sprayed the heck out of my front yard. I'm sure I managed to get enough of it on my skin to substantially do kidney damage. Ok, I'm kidding about the last part. I know it's my own fault for letting it get this far, but now it's time to get back in gear. Rest assured, I don't think those tiny white caterpillar looking things were actually caterpillars, so I'm not a butterfly murderer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home